Foods To Prevent Gout
At Home Remedies
There are many home remedies for treating gout at home the old fashioned way. Gout is a condition that can cause extreme pain to an individual who has it and who needs to find some type of relief and soon. In some cases the gout can be controlled just by looking into your pantry.
- Cherry – Cherries and cherry juice have been used by many to help alleviate some of the symptoms that come with gout. If you eat about 15 – 20 cherries per day right when you wake up some of those symptoms will subside. There is an antioxidant in cherries known as anthocyanins which can help relieve the inflammation of gout and can also lessen any flare-ups of gout.
- Vegetable Juice – Raw vegetable juice has been found to help treat gout. A drink comprised of carrot, beetroot and cucumber juice has been used for gout treatment. Combine 100 ml of beetroot and 100 ml of cucumber juice to 300 ml of carrot juice and consume daily.
- French Beans – Consuming about 150 ml of this type of juice should be consumed daily for effectively treating gout symptoms.
- Apple – Many people believe that apples are a great cure for gout. They combine malic acid and help to neutralize the uric acid which will bring the desired relief to those who suffer from gout. Eating one apple following each meal will help with gout symptoms.
- Banana – Those who have used bananas in the home gout treatment routine generally take in nothing but bananas for about 3 or 4 days.
- Lime – Vitamin C that is found in limes has been known to help prevent and cure joints that are sore and can strengthen the surrounding tissue of the joints. Take a half of a lime and squeeze the juice into a glass. Drink the glass of juice at least 2 times per day.
- Charcoal – Using a paste of water and ½ cup of charcoal powder; soak your feet for 30 minutes or an hour and this can relieve the pain that is associated with gout.
- Herbs – Several of the herbs that can be effective in treating gout pain are ginger root, white willow bark, meadow sweet flow tops and leaves, and devil’s claw root. All of these herbs contain anti-inflammatory ingredients that can help with the pain you experience with gout.
- Safflower – You can get safflower in the form of a capsule to take which will help speed up the healing process of gout. Safflower contains ingredients that will work to improve circulation, cleanse the blood and can also ease the pain of gout.
- Ginger – If gout is affecting your toes, then one of the best natural home gout remedies is a combination of water and 1/3 cups of ground ginger. If you soak your feet in it for about 30 minutes or so you will begin to sweat thus allowing the uric acid to be eliminated from the body. After you have done this, make sure to shower or bathe because the ginger can cause irritation to the skin once it has begun to dry.
All of these can be used to help reduce swelling and pain that is associated with home gout remedies. Choose the one that works best for you.