Gout Natural Antibodies
Gout is characterized as being one of the most painful health issues that people suffer from and it is typically felt in the big toe. However, it can occur in any joint in your body. It is a condition that results from crystals of uric acid being deposited into the tissues of the body. When your body is not able to break down the uric acid it will accumulate and cause inflammation of the joints.
Generally the uric acid in your body will dissolve in your blood and pass through your kidneys and into your urine. In some cases your body will either produce too much uric acid or not enough is being excreted from the body. When this happens the uric acid will build up and cause crystals in the joints and surrounding tissue which will cause pain and swelling in the joints. This is what causes the pain in the joints and makes it hard to complete such daily tasks as simply walking.
Home Made Remedies
There are some natural remedies that you can try that can help alleviate the pain quickly:
- Charcoal/flaxseed poultice – Mix together ½ cup of activated powdered charcoal with 3 tbsps. Gound flaxseed and add to warm water until it turns into a paste. Put the paste right on the area that is affected and cover it up using plastic or a cloth. Leave on the area overnight or change it every 4 hours.
- Castor oil pack – Take a piece of white flannel and soak it in warm castor oil. Wring out any excess oil and put it on the area that is affected. Cover it using plastic wrap and use a hot water bottle or heating pad to warm the area. You should do this at least two times a day for about an hour at a time.
- Epsom salt bath – Get a pan of hot water that is big enough for your feet to fit into. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of Epsom salt in and soak your feet for approximately ½ hour.
- Cherry juice – Drinking cherry juice can help with symptoms of gout. This can help to reduce the levels of uric acid in your blood and will also help to alleviate some of the swelling associated with gout.
- Cod liver oil – Taking 1 teaspoon a day of cod liver oil will supply you with Vitamin A which is good for the kidneys and can help reduce the build-up of uric acid.
- Berries – Eat a lot of berries; strawberries, goji berries, blueberries. Include them in your diet on a daily basis.
Regardless of what you decide to do to help with gout make sure it is a choice that is right for you and your lifestyle. Eat healthy and exercise regularly and you will begin to see the signs of gout decrease and your good health will increase.