Home Recipes For Gout Relief
Gout natural remedies can help you find relief from the disease. Uric acid, a waste by-product from the protein (usually red meat) that you eat, passes out of your body as urine or sweat. When there is an excess of uric acid in the blood, it forms crystals around your joints in various part of the body. These crystals cause pressure, swelling, redness to the skin around the joint and intense pain in the area.
Gout attacks the small joints of the body, such as toes and hands. It can form in larger joints too like the ankle, foot, knee, elbow, and shoulder. Gout can be caused by eating beans and red meat, having high blood pressure, Cancer, Psoriasis, being overweight, heredity, being anemic, and by drinking too much alcohol.
Here are some natural remedies that can be used to lessen the gout symptoms:
• Cut up and mix in your juicer – 4 carrots,
1 ounce of fresh strawberries,1 slice of pineapple, 1 mango, 1 lime, and 1 small cucumber. Drink this morning and afternoon. It helps to prevent gout attacks and lessen the painful swelling.
• Mix together 1 quart of cold water and 1 ounce of fresh cranberries. Bring mixture to a boil and heat for 3 minutes. Strain and drink. Three glasses daily will help your body get rid of excess uric acid.
• Natural tomato juice drunk 3 times daily will also help with the uric acid.
• Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply to affected areas as an anti-inflammatory agent.
• Mix together 3 drops of rosemary oil and 1 tablespoon of soy oil and gently massage into the painful gout affected areas.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of wheat bran, and 2 crushed fresh garlic cloves. Use as a poultice on the swollen joint.
• Soak a cotton ball in oil of elder and apply to area.
When you are having a gout attack, don’t stand. This will add pressure to your joints and cause more pain. Try lying down with the affected area raised on pillows.
If you are having pain in a joint, try to immobilize the area by wearing a splint or a sling.
Don’t use ice or heat as these can cause skin irritation.
Make sure your shoes fit well. You may want to get pads or insoles to wear inside your shoes to make them more comfortable.
Eat lots of bananas, parsley and watermelon. These three all work to rid your body’s system of excess uric acid. Watermelon removes oxalates. Bananas contain Potassium, Folic acid and Vitamin C, which will all help to reduce the effects of gout. Parsley also has Folic acid and Vitamin C and is low in purines.